Adelaide United will be looking for a new coach for the Hyundai A-League 2019/20 Season after the club confirmed on Tuesday current boss Marco Kurz won't have his contract renewed beyond the current campaign.
In a huge shock just five rounds out from the Finals Series, Kurz met with club chairman Piet van der Pol and was told he won't be offered a fresh deal for next season.
“After meeting with Marco earlier this week, I informed him of our decision not to extend his contact beyond this season," van der Pol said.
“As a club, we are grateful for Marco’s hard work and for helping to guide us to our second FFA Cup trophy.
“Marco has our full support for the remaining games this season, as we push to secure a home final and look to go as far as we can in the Finals.
“In the coming weeks we will be identifying potential candidates and will not be making further comment on this matter until an appropriate time.”
The Reds are currently on track to play in the finals this season, sitting in sixth spot with a five-point gap between themselves and seventh-placed Newcastle Jets.
Kurz also guided the club to the FFA Cup title in 2018.
But the Reds are enduring a bit of a form slump in the league, without a win in their last five matches and failing to score a goal in their last three games.
WATCH FOR FREE: How to watch the Hyundai A-League LIVE and FREE
GOLDEN BOOT RACE: Who will finish the Hyundai A-League's top scorer
RUN TO THE FINALS: Glory closing in on maiden Hyundai A-League Premiership
Kurz added: “During my meeting with Piet I realised quickly that we do not have a common vision for the future of Adelaide United.
“Our goals are very different and therefore a renewal of my contract does not make sense.
“Regardless of this decision, it is important now to focus on reaching our aims for the season and to secure a spot in the finals.”