Late goals as Melbourne Victory see off Perth Glory in five-goal thriller!
In Leigh Broxham's 250th game for the club, Melbourne Victory scored late to defeat a brave Perth Glory 3-2 in a thriller at a rainy AAMI Park.
Glory showed some improvement with young player Walter Scott catching the eye at fullback, but they couldn't hold on after Diego Castro had equalised in the final 10 minutes to make it 2-2.
But Kosta Barbarouses on 90 mins with a precious winner to break Glory hearts after a five-goal thriller in the rain.
Glory have now lost four in a row.
STORY OF THE GAME
- GOAL FOR GLORY! Inside 90 secs and Scott Neville heads home an opener to stun the home crowd. What a start for the under siege Perth.
- VICTORY HIT BACK Dutchman Leroy George with a superb piece of aggressive attacking play to set up a chance after 20 mins as Victory began to dominate the contest following the early goal conceded.
- GOAL TO VICTORY: Troisi with the equaliser and just reward for Victory after 27 mins.
- CRUCIAL STOP: Acton with the crucial save from Taggart in front as Glory opened up Victory after 30 mins.
- HALF TIME: 1-1
- GOAL TO VICTORY: Barely a minute after the break and Milligan pokes home the go-ahead goal.
- ANTONIS FROM DISTANCE: Victory debutant Antonis with a great strike from outside of the box, but Reddy is up to the task.
- REDDY SAVES GLORY: After 73 mins Glory opened up by Barbarouses who lays it on a platter for Berisha but Reddy denies him.
- CASTRO SCORES! The Spaniard with a cool finish to equalise on 83 mins as the rain poured down.
- VICTORY HIT THE POST! 87 mins and Glory survive as Berisha hits the post.
- FRANTIC FINISH: Victory pushing for a winner in the rain. What a second half.
- GOAL! Barbarouses makes it 3-2 right on 90 mins!
Neville Glory 0-1, 1'
In the second phase of a corner, teenager Walter Scott found the ball on the left and whipped in a cross for Scott Neville to expertly guide his header past Mat Acton in the Victory goal.
Troisi Victory 1-1, 27'
Castro's errant ball pounced on by Berisha who releases George who forces Reddy to make a super stop but Troisi was first to the loose ball and he smashed the ball home.
Milligan Victory 2-1, 46'
The excellent George with a free kick into the box, and Milligan stuck out a boot and guided the ball past Reddy.
Castro Glory 2-2, 83'
The Spaniard was set free and he brilliantly lobbed Acton to atone for his mistake in the first half.
Barbarouses Victory 3-2, 90'
The Kiwi put through and he coolly slotted it low past Reddy for the winner.