Korean sides on fire in Champions League

FC Seoul eased past Chinese opponents Hangzhou Lucheng 3-0 in their AFC Champions League match at the Seoul World Cup Stadium.

FC Seoul eased past Chinese opponents Hangzhou Lucheng 3-0 in their AFC Champions League match at the Seoul World Cup Stadium.

Montenegro striker Dejan Damjanovic opened the scoring in the 17th minute, before late goals to Kyoung-Jun Ou (71st minute) and Mauricio Molina (80th minute) sealed a rampant win for the hosts.

Seoul moved to top spot in Group F with the victory, with two wins from two games.

Chinese Super League outfit Tianjin Teda made it two wins from as many starts in their Champions League campaign, with a 2-1 win over J-League giants Gamba Osaka.

The hosts led in Tianjin after 26 minutes when Chen Tao found the back of the net, but Gamba were level five minutes later through Keun-Ho Lee.

Cao Yang scored the winner for Teda from the penalty spot seven minutes after the half-time break, sending the Chinese club to first place in Group E.

Jeju returned from Australia with a 2-1 victory over Melbourne Victory at Etihad Stadium, continuing the A-League club's tumultuous week in which they sacked inaugural manager Ernie Merrick.

Both sides were desperate for wins after first-up losses in Group E, and it looked like Melbourne - playing their first game under caretaker coach Mehmet Durakovic - would get what they wanted when striker Danny Allsopp scored in the 37th minute.

But Park Hyun-Bem's 41st-minute effort put last season's K-League runners-up back in the contest and they completed a memorable victory when Lee Hyun Ho scored the winner against the run of play with just six minutes remaining.

They are now back in the running to progress from the group with three points from two matches.

In Group A, Iranian club Sepahan moved three points clear at the top of the table with a 5-1 thumping of Emirates outfit Al Jazira.

Iranian midfielder Ahmad Jamshidian notched a brace inside the first 26 minutes for Sephan, and though Brazilian striker Bare pulled one back for the visitors eight minutes after the break, it proved futile.

Prolific Senegalese forward Ibrahima Toure wrested back Sephan's advantage three minutes later, Serbian midfielder Milorad Janjus added another after 65 minutes and substitute Javed Kazemian signed off on the rout in added time with his first goal in five months.

Saudi Arabian club Al Hilal rebounded from their loss to Sepahan to run out 1-0 winners at Qatar's Al Gharafa.

Sweden international midfielder Christian Wilhelmsson proved the difference between the two sides, netting a 19th-minute winner to send Al Hilal to second on the Group A table.

Finally, Qatari club Al Nasr moved three points clear in Group B with a 2-1 win at home to Iranian outfit Esteghlal.

Farhad Majidi put the visitors ahead in the 21st minute, but goals from Hussein Al Sulaimani (60) and Saad Al Harthi (81) ensured Al Nasr notched the first win of the Champions League campaign.