King Castro with decisive goal for Perth Glory in win over Wellington
Perth Glory have defeated Wellington Phoenix 1-0 with star Spanish striker Diego Castro slotting a second half winner for the hosts at nib Stadium.
After conceding two very late goals a week earlier in the loss to Newcastle, there was to be late fade out for Kenny Lowe's men who've reinvigorated their charge for the six with this win.
And it was apt that in Fox Sports' Spanish Round, it was one of the greatest ever Spaniards in the Hyundai A-League who made the difference when it mattered.
STORY OF THE GAME
- VIDOSIC OFF: Knee problem robs Phoenix of their key striker inside the first 15 minutes. Ali Abbas on.
- EVEN GAME: Neither side really stamped their authority on an even encounter.
- HALF TIME: 0-0
- POST HIT: Ridenton hits the post with a low shot on 50 mins as Phoenix press for opener.
- GOAL! Castro in front of the Shed making no mistake to give Glory a 1-0 lead after 59 minutes.
- WP PUSH FOR EQUALISER: Wellington brought on striker Hamish Watson for a defender as the visitors pushed hard for the equaliser against a nervy Glory.
Castro Glory 59' 1-0
Nichols timed his run well after being released wide right and his low cross was met by Castro who jinked back to see off a defender then sent the ball low and hard past Lewis Italiano with his right foot.