Jets v City: key stats as visitors win it late
Newcastle Jets' wave of momentum suffered a setback as Melbourne City became the first team to win at McDonald Jones Stadium this season.
Here are the key facts and stats from City's late 2-1 victory on Saturday night.
- Newcastle's seven shots on target were the most of any team at half-time of a match this season.
- City have won two of three matches this term in which they have been level at half-time, losing the other.
- Ross McCormack's sixth goal of the campaign took him joint-second on the scoring list with Sydney FC's Bobo.
- McCormack's goal was the first penalty Newcastle have conceded this season. Only Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory are yet to concede one.
- The Jets have scored 11 first half goals, the most of any side.
- Andrew Nabbout has scored four goals against Melbourne City, his most against any one team.