Key stats as Melbourne Victory outgun Western Sydney Wanderers
Melbourne Victory confirmed their place in the Finals Series while Western Sydney Wanderers were left teetering outside the top six on Saturday night.
Catch up with the key facts and stats from Victory's entertaining 3-1 win at AAMI Park.
- Victory's win stretches their unbeaten streak against Western Sydney to eight matches, having not lost in this fixture since December 12, 2015.
- Kevin Muscat's men have now scored three or more goals in three of their last five Hyundai A-League home games.
- Wanderers' loss is the eighth straight meeting with Victory in which they have failed to score multiple goals.
- Western Sydney have now appeared in three out of the last five games in which two red cards have been brandished, with their clashes against Central Coast Mariners and Adelaide United last year also seeing two players dismissed.
- Michael Thwaite's two yellow cards marks the first time the defender has been dismissed this way in his 199 Hyundai A-League appearances.