Jets v Wanderers: Hyundai A-League stats preview
The high-flying Newcastle Jets welcome Western Sydney Wanderers to the Hunter for what should be a cracking all-NSW affair on Sunday.
The Wanderers always enjoy their trips to McDonald Jones Stadium but this Jets side is looking the goods under Ernie Merrick. All your key stats below.
- Western Sydney Wanderers are undefeated in their last six Hyundai A-League games against Newcastle (W5, D1), and have kept four clean sheets in that period.
- In fact, the Wanderers have never lost at McDonald Jones Stadium, picking up five wins and two draws on their travels there in the Hyundai A-League.
- The Jets haven’t won at home in the Hyundai A-League since January 2017, picking up just three draws from five home fixtures since.
- Newcastle lead the Hyundai A-League in total shots (42), shots on target (joint-highest, 14) and goals scored (9) after three rounds this campaign.
- Jets striker Roy O’Donovan has bagged five goals already this Hyundai A-League season; only one Newcastle player (Andrew Nabbout, 8) scored more goals across the entire 2016/17 campaign.