Hyundai A-League young player to follow: Christian Theoharous
Christian Theoharous turned heads with a match-changing cameo in what might otherwise have been a routine draw between Melbourne Victory and Brisbane Roar last weekend.
The 17-year-old was only on the pitch for 15 minutes, but he set up the opening goal in that time and gave Victory boss Kevin Muscat plenty to think about when he names his next team.
Here are five facts you need to know about the talented teenager.
- Theoharous has been part of the club's youth system since 2014, singing on as a scholarship player this season.
- Diehard Victory fans will know the name from his impressive display in last year's friendly against La Liga giants Atletico Madrid.
- A former Salesian College schoolboy in the Melbourne suburb of Sunbury, he never won a trophy with the school but credits it for instilling the 'discipline' which eased his transition into professional football.
- Part of the Young Socceroos squad which topped their group in AFC U-19 Championship qualifying to reach next year's tournament in Indonesia.
- Made his Hyundai A-League debut away to Brisbane Roar in Round 24 last season and has already appeared three times this term.