Hyundai A-League young player to follow: Bruce Kamau
It's been a stunning beginning to the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 season for Melbourne City attacker Bruce Kamau.
The 22-year-old has been front and centre in City's unbeaten start to the new campaign, netting three goals in the first two matches.
After scoring the winner in the Melbourne Derby on Saturday, we've crunched the Opta stats to reveal just how impressive his start to the campaign has been.
- Kamau has scored three goals in two Hyundai A-League games this season; in his previous 55 appearances, he had found the net just four times!
- His three goals this season have come from just four shots. The one which didn't go in was also on target, but was blocked by a defender.
- On top of his goals, Kamau has also created two chances for his team-mates.
- Kamau has also been far more heavily involved in general play than previous seasons, averaging 60.5 touches per game in his first two outings in 2017/18, more than 25 touches more than he's averaged in any other Hyundai A-League season.
- While catching the eye on attack, Kamau hasn't shirked his defensive responsibilities, contesting 32 duels, the equal most of any player under the age of 23 in the Hyundai A-League.
- In the round two win over cross-town rivals Melbourne Victory, Kamau attempted four tackles and won them all, the highest successful tackle rate in any single game this season.