Did you know that six of the last nine games between Western Sydney Wanderers and Adelaide United have ended in a draw?
With the Wanderers needing all three points to ensure themselves of a spot in the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 Finals Series, it’s a trend they’ll hope to snap at ANZ Stadium on Sunday.
The two sides have met twice already this season, with the Reds the only team to have tasted a win, although that was at Coopers Stadium.
So what will be the outcome in the final match of the regular season?
Thanks to Opta Data, check out all the important facts for the clash between the Wanderers and Reds.
- The Wanderers are undefeated against Adelaide when playing at home (W3 D5) in the Hyundai A-League, though their last four such meetings have ended in a draw with including three nil-all draws.
- Josep Gombau’s side have won their last two Hyundai A-League games at ANZ Stadium by a combined score of 7-0, and have lost just one of five matches at the venue in 2018 (W3 D1).
- The Reds are winless in their last seven Hyundai A-League games away from home on a Sunday (D3 L4), failing to score in four games in that time.
- Western Sydney have a passing accuracy of 80% this campaign, the best of any team in the Hyundai A-League.
- Adelaide United have scored just six set-piece goals this Hyundai A-League campaign, fewer than any other team in the competition.
- Wanderers striker Oriol Riera has scored 14 goals this Hyundai A-League season, a 15th goal would set the outright record for the most by a Wanderers’ player in a single season (overtaking Brendon Santalab’s 14 in 2016/17).
- Reds skipper Isaias has averaged 11 passes into the final third per game this Hyundai A-League season, the most of any player to have played at least 10 games.