Hyundai A-League stats preview: Sydney FC v Wanderers
A blockbuster Sydney Derby rounds off a thrilling round of action in the Hyundai A-League with Sydney FC playing host to Western Sydney Wanderers at Allianz Stadium.
League-leaders Sydney FC won the last clash between the two sides 5-0 back in Round 10, with Adrian Mierzejewski netting a brace.
The Sky Blues have dominated this fixture in recent times having won seven of the last 12 cross-town clashes, losing just once.
Wanderers come into this clash on the back of a three-game unbeaten run and will be chasing back-to-back away wins for the first time since November 2015.
Check out some of the other key stats and facts ahead of what looms as a thriller on Sunday night.
- Sydney FC have won seven of the last 12 Sydney Derbies, losing only once in that time (D4); they’ve managed to keep three clean sheets in their last five games against the Wanderers.
- The Sky Blues are undefeated in the last six Sydney Derbies at Allianz Stadium (W3, D3), though each of the last three such fixtures has ended in a draw.
- Sydney FC are undefeated in their last 26 games at home (W20, D6), of which 25 have been at Allianz Stadium; they’ve managed to keep 14 clean sheets in the process.
- Western Sydney Wanderers are on the hunt for back-to-back away wins for the first time since November 2015.
- Sydney (22) and Western Sydney Wanderers (19) have scored more goals in the first half than anyone else this term; the Sky Blues top the list for second half goals too (28) whilst the Wanderers have bagged the fewest in the second 45 (7).
- Western Sydney Wanderers have the best passing accuracy of any side this term, completing 80% of their attempts; their opponents in this match currently sit in second on that list (79%).
- Sydney’s Bobô has scored seven times from the penalty spot this season, three instances more than anybody else; including one last time out versus Melbourne City.
- Oriol Riera has scored in each of his last four appearances for Western Sydney Wanderers; bagging five goals in that time.