Wellington Phoenix and Central Coast Mariners find themselves in the bottom two at the beginning of Round 8 but with a chance to bounce back into the top six on Saturday.
Here are the key stats and facts ahead of the Westpac Stadium showdown.
- Wellington have won each of their last three games against the Mariners
without conceding a single goal.
- Indeed, the Phoenix are undefeated in their last four games against the
Mariners at Westpac Stadium (W2, D2), last losing such a fixture in November
- Wellington are undefeated in their last six games on home turf (W2, D4). The
last time they went longer at home without a loss was a nine-game stretch
from October 2014 to March 2015 (W6, D3).
- The Mariners have picked up just one win away from home in the last 12
months in the A-League (D4, L8).
- The Phoenix boast a shot conversion rate of 18% this campaign, the second
best of any team in the competition behind Newcastle Jets (20%).
- The Mariners (71%) are one of only two teams (Wanderers, 74%) to enjoy a
passing accuracy of greater than 70% in opposition territory this campaign.
- Andrija Kaluderovic has scored four goals from just six shots on target when
playing on home turf this season, only Bobô (5) has scored more home goals.
- Wout Brama has made 430 passes this season, the second most of any player
and just three shy of Josh Brillante (433).