It’s hard to believe these two sides are still searching for their first wins of the campaign heading into Round 6 of the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 Season.
But that’s the case for both Melbourne Victory and Brisbane Roar, adding further spice to Saturday night’s clash at Etihad Stadium.
And Bes is back as well making this clash even bigger and we’ve got all the key stats you need to know.
- The last time a Hyundai A-League clash between Melbourne Victory and Brisbane Roar was won by the away team was a 1-0 win to the Big V at Suncorp Stadium in April 2015.
- Victory are undefeated in their last eight Hyundai A-League games against Roar at Etihad Stadium (W5, D3), winning each of their last two by a score of 1-0.
- Roar are winless in normal time in their last seven Hyundai A-League games, their longest such run since a seven-game drought across the 2007/08 and 2008/09 seasons.
- Kevin Muscat’s troops are winless in their last four Hyundai A-League games played on a Saturday (D1, L3), scoring just one goal in that period.
- Victory have been fouled 93 times so far this campaign, more than any other team in the Hyundai A-League, although they’ve also committed more fouls than any other side (91).
- Roar defender Jade North has made 36 clearances so far this Hyundai A-League season, more than any other player in the competition and 16 more than Victory-best Rhys Williams (20).
- Victory (109) and Roar (100) are two of three teams to have made 100+ tackles in the Hyundai A-League this season (also Melbourne City - 108).
- Victory’s Dutch recruit Leroy George has created 16 chances so far this season, more than any other player in the Hyundai A-League.