In a blockbuster top of the table clash on Friday night, unbeaten league-leaders Melbourne City play host to reigning Hyundai A-League Champions Sydney FC.
With both teams in irresistible form, this looms as an absolute belter.
Here's all the key info and statistics you need to know ahead of the clash at AAMI Park.
- Sydney FC have won their last two games against Melbourne City, scoring three goals in each of those wins.
- Indeed, Sydney FC have come away with three points in three of their last six excursions to AAMI Park to face City, only twice leaving with none (D1).
- Melbourne City have opened their season with four consecutive wins, only twice in A-League history has any team begun a campaign with a longer winning streak (Melbourne Victory in 2006/07; Sydney FC in 2016/17).
- Sydney FC are undefeated in their last 13 games (W10, D3), keeping eight clean sheets in that span.
- Melbourne City have made 72 interceptions this campaign, more than any other team in the competition and 28 more than last-ranked Sydney FC.
- The Sky Blues have had 21 shots on target this campaign, more than any other team in the competition.
- Iacopo La Rocca has made 31 clearances so far this season, more than any other player in the competition.
- Only Leroy George (14) has created more scoring chances than Milos Ninkovic (13) so far this season.