Western Sydney Wanderers will be looking to continue their impressive recent record against the Mariners when they travel to Gosford on Sunday afternoon.
Josep Gombau's side have won five of the last eight encounters with the Mariners, including a 2-0 win in their last outing.
The Mariners, however, will be keen to bounce back from last week's disappointing 2-1 loss at home to Brisbane Roar.
Paul Okon's side will be without the suspended Alan Baro for the clash and the departed Kwabena Appiah, though new signing Jacob Poscoliero is available.
Check out some of the key stats and facts ahead of the clash between two finals hopefuls.
- The Wanderers have come away with a win in each of their last four games against the Mariners at Central Coast Stadium, outscoring them 10-2 in that span.
- Five of the Mariners last 10 games have seen the teams go into the half-time break at nil-nil, with just six first-half goals scored overall in that period.
- The Wanderers have won only two of their last 12 games played away from home (D6, L4), and will now be looking to avoid consecutive road losses for the first time since April 2015.
- The Mariners have conceded just two goals in the opening 15 minutes of games so far this season, the joint-fewest of any team in the competition.
- The Wanderers have scored just three second-half goals this season, no other team has scored fewer than nine.
- Tom Hiariej has made 36 passes in opposition territory per game this season, the third most of any player (100+ passes in opposition’s half).
- Steven Lustica is set to make his 100th appearance in the A-League; he’s scored more goals against the Mariners (3) than he has against any other team.