Did you know Newcastle Jets are the only team in the Hyundai A-League to score in every match this season?
Ernie Merrick's side have scored at least one goal in all 18 matches so far and will be looking to keep that record going when they host Melbourne Victory on Saturday afternoon.
Interestingly, Newcastle are halfway to the all-time A-League record for scoring in consecutive matches, with Brisbane Roar netting in 36 straight games (November 2011).
Check out some of the other key stats and facts ahead of the clash at McDonald Jones Stadium.
- Melbourne Victory have lost just one of their last seven games against Newcastle Jets (W4, D2), keeping three clean sheets in that period.
- Melbourne Victory have picked up just one win from their last 11 excursions to McDonald Jones Stadium (D5, L5).
- Melbourne Victory have won four of their last five games away from home, twice as many as they had won in their 12 away games prior (W2, D4, L6).
- Newcastle Jets have made 65% of their passes in opposition territory this campaign, the highest proportion of any team in the competition.
- Melbourne Victory have scored 10 goals in the 15 minutes immediately after half-time, more than any other team in the competition.
- Nikolai Topor-Stanley is set to play his 100th A-League game for the Newcastle Jets; he will become just the second player in A-League history to have played 100+ games for multiple clubs (Danny Vukovic at Mariners & Glory).
- James Troisi has conceded 50 fouls so far this season, 11 more than any other player and 22 more than Jets’ most Jason Hoffman (28).