Newcastle Jets will be looking to bounce back from their first loss of the season when they host a rejuvenated Melbourne Victory outfit on Thursday night.
Here's all the key stats and facts ahead of the clash at McDonald Jones Stadium.
- Melbourne Victory are undefeated in their last five games against Newcastle (W3, D2), though the last clash between these teams ended in a nil-all draw.
- Four of the last six games between these squads at McDonald Jones Stadium have ended in a draw, while there have been just two goals scored in the last three iterations at the venue.
- Newcastle Jets are undefeated in their last three games at home (W1, D2), and will be looking for consecutive home wins for the first time since February 2016.
- Melbourne Victory haven’t lost in regular time in any of their last five games away from home (W1, D4).
- Newcastle Jets (41) have managed 10 more shots on target this season than any other team in the competition.
- Melbourne Victory have won 130 fouls so far this campaign, 13 more than any other team and 49 more than Newcastle.
- Roy O’Donovan has scored seven goals this season, just one shy of the Jets’ leading goal scorer from 2016/17 (Andrew Nabbout, 8 goals).
- Leroy George has won more fouls (22) and created more scoring chances (22) than any other player this season.