Friday night football takes us to Gosford for the intriguing clash between Paul Okon’s attack-minded Mariners and champions Sydney FC.
While the Sky Blues are unbeaten at the top of the league, the Mariners are still searching for their first win despite playing some scintillating football.
Check out all the key stats ahead of the opening game of Round 6 at Central Coast Stadium.
- Sydney FC have won eight of their last nine Hyundai A-League games against the Mariners (D1), and haven’t lost to them since March 2014.
- There have been 19 goals scored between these sides in their last four Hyundai A-League clashes at Central Coast Stadium, with no clean sheets kept in that span.
- The Mariners have drawn their last two Hyundai A-League games, the last time they went longer without a win or a loss was in January 2010 (D3).
- The Sky Blues have kept three clean sheets in their last four Hyundai A-League games away from home, winning three and drawing once in that run.
- The Mariners (2,499) and Sydney FC (2,477) have attempted the most and second most passes respectively of any teams so far this Hyundai A-League season.
- Graham Arnold’s men have scored three goals in the 15 minutes immediately after half-time, more than any other team this Hyundai A-League season.
- Mariners midfielder Tom Hiariej has hit seven shots at goal from outside the box this Hyundai A-League season, only two players have attempted more (Daniel Adlung 9, Roly Bonevacia 8).
- Sydney FC star Josh Brillante has attempted 211 passes in opposition territory this Hyundai A-League season, and completed 167, more than any other player.