Hyundai A-League stats preview: Brisbane Roar FC v Adelaide United
Adelaide United might fancy their chances at Suncorp if history is any gauge, though they'll have the league's in-form keeper Jamie Young to beat tonight.
Roar host the Reds in an intriguing clash tonight as the chase for finals spots heats up.
Brisbane desperately need points to help propel them into the six.
John Aloisi's side are four points off sixth-placed Wanderers, so victory tonight would be gold for the Orange Army ahead of Wanderers' clash with Glory on Sunday.
The Reds are in fifth and three points would put them equal with Melbourne Victory in fourth on 29 points.
With the sides in third and fourth hosting in the Finals Series, it's crucial for Marco Kurz's men to get back on the winning track.
Here are the key facts and stats ahead of tonight's clash, which you can see on FOX SPORTS and free to air on ONE HD.
MATCH PREVIEW FACTS
- Jamie Young has a save percentage of 74% this campaign, the best of any keeper to have played multiple games this season.
- The Reds have won four of their last seven games against the Roar, though Brisbane managed a 2-1 victory in their most recent clash.
- In fact, Adelaide have won five of their last eight excursions to Suncorp Stadium since Ange Postecoglou vacated the manager’s position at Brisbane Roar (L3).
- Brisbane Roar haven’t trailed at half-time in any of their last five games, and have gone on to win three of those five (L2).
- Adelaide United have scored just one goal in their last three games away from home, conceding eight goals in that same period.
- No team has been awarded fewer penalties this season than Adelaide United (1); Brisbane Roar have conceded the fewest this term (1).
- Adelaide are yet to concede a goal between the 61st and 75th minutes of a game this season; every other team has conceded at least twice in that period.
- Isaias (1,631) has made more touches of the ball this season than any other player.