Level on points leading into Round 8, Adelaide United and Western Sydney Wanderers will be looking to strengthen their top four claims in what should be a tight contest on Sunday.
Here are the key stats and facts ahead of the Coopers Stadium clash.
- Five of the last seven games between Adelaide and Western Sydney have
ended in a draw, with both sides picking a win apiece in that period.
- Indeed, three of the last six encounters between the Reds and Wanderers have
ended in a goalless draw.
- Adelaide are winless in their last five games on home turf (D3, L2), and are yet
to pick up a competition point at Coopers Stadium under Marco Kurz (L2).
- Western Sydney Wanderers have drawn each of their last five Hyundai A-League matches; only once in the competition's history has any team gone longer without a win or a loss (Wellington Phoenix, six draws from September-October 2009).
- The Reds have had 122 shots so far this campaign, the most of any team in
the competition, though they've converted fewer than one-in-10 of those
chances into goals.
- The Wanderers have a passing accuracy of 81% this campaign, two
percentage points better than any other team in the competition.
- Isaias has created 15 scoring chances this campaign, the most of any player
in the competition who is yet to either score or assist a goal.
- Vedran Janjetovic's 28 saves this campaign are five more than any other
goalkeeper has been required to make.