Hyundai A-League stats preview: Adelaide United v Sydney FC
Adelaide United will be aiming to exact revenge for their Westfield FFA Cup heartbreak when Sydney FC visit Coopers Stadium in a Friday night blockbuster.
Here are the key facts ahead of a must-see match.
- Sydney FC have won their last three games against Adelaide in all competitions and have kept a clean sheet in each of their previous three Hyundai A-League meetings.
- Adelaide lost 4-0 when they last hosted the Sky Blues, ending what was a six-game undefeated streak against them at Coopers Stadium (W3 D3).
- The Reds have won their last two Hyundai A-League games - the last time they won more in a row was a five-game streak the 2015/16 season.
- After going down to Central Coast in Round 6, Sydney FC will be looking to avoid consecutive away defeats for the first time since March 2014. On that occasion they were beaten 3-1 by Adelaide after losing 2-1 to the Mariners.
- Sydney have conceded just seven yellow cards this campaign, five fewer than any other team in the competition.
- Ben Garuccio has created 14 scoring chances so far this campaign, three more than any other defender.
- Josh Brillante (498) is just two passes shy of becoming the first player to make 500 passes this campaign.