Hyundai A-League stats preview: Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets
There’s plenty at stake for both teams when Adelaide United takes on Newcastle Jets at Coopers Stadium on Saturday.
The Reds are looking to snap a two-game losing streak, while the Jets are unbeaten and looking to stay in touch with the top teams in the Hyundai A-League.
We’ve got all the key facts and figures for you thanks to Opta Data.
- Adelaide United have lost only one of their last eight Hyundai A-League games against Newcastle (W4, D3), keeping six clean sheets in that period.
- Only once in the last seven Hyundai A-League clashes between these teams has either side managed to score multiple goals.
- The Reds have lost only one Hyundai A-League game against Newcastle Jets at Coopers Stadium since 2009 (W5, D5).
- Ernie Merrick’s side have won their last two games away from home and will be looking for a third consecutive road win for the first time in Hyundai A-League history.
- Adelaide have hit 41 shots at goal from outside the box (incl. blocked shots) this season, 12 more than any other team in the Hyundai A-League.
- The Jets have scored 13 goals so far this Hyundai A-League season, four more than any other team; it took them until the 11th round in 2016/17 to score as many goals.
- Reds’ duo Ben Garuccio and Isaias have each made 19 interceptions, four more than any other player in the Hyundai A-League.
- Jets skipper Nigel Boogaard is set to line up for his 200th Hyundai A-League appearance, and his 13th against Adelaide United.