What better way to bring the curtain down on 2017 than with some Hyundai A-League action as Central Coast Mariners host Wellington Phoenix in Gosford.
Which side will end the year with the vital three points?
Opta Data tries to help you out with the key stats ahead of Sunday night’s clash.
- The Mariners picked up a 4-1 win against Wellington in their last Hyundai A-League meeting, snapping a three-game losing streak against them in which they had not scored a single goal. O
- Paul Okon’s troops are undefeated in their last five Hyundai A-League New Year’s Eve fixtures, including a 3-1 win against Wellington in 2015.
- Phoenix have failed to score in their last four games away from home, never before in the Hyundai A-League have they gone for five road games without a goal.
- The Mariners have now failed to score in three consecutive Hyundai A-League games. The last time they went longer without a goal was a five-game drought from April to September in 2006.
- Wellington have scored nine headed goals this Hyundai A-League campaign, more than twice as many as any other team (Perth Glory - 4).
- No player has completed as many dribbles as the Mariners’ Andrew Hoole (32) this Hyundai A-League season, 12 more than Phoenix-best Roy Krishna (20).
- Phoenix star Michael McGlinchey has been involved in three of the Phoenix’s last four Hyundai A-League goals away from home, scoring one and assisting one each for Gui Finkler and Dario Vidosic.
- Each of the Mariners’ last eight games at Central Coast Stadium has seen the result alternate, with their last Hyundai A-League game at the venue a 2-0 loss to Western Sydney.