Hyundai A-League milestones: Wanderers on the cusp of 200 goals
It's week three of the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 season, with a number of players and teams within touching distance of some key milestones.
Here are the records that could be chalked up across the weekend.
- Stefan Mauk will bring up 50 Hyundai A-League games if he plays for Melbourne City against Wellington, while Jacob Poscoliero will reach the same milestone if he features for Perth against his former side Central Coast.
- If Eugene Galekovic plays in a winning effort for Melbourne City on Saturday night, he'll become just the third goalkeeper to notch up 100 Hyundai A-League wins.
- And if Western Sydney win Saturday night's derby, it'll be Vedran Janjetovic's 50th win in the competition.
- Speaking of wins, the Newcastle Jets will bring up a century of Hyundai A-League victories if they beat Brisbane Roar at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday.
- Brisbane have their own milestone in their sights though; they need just two more goals to reach 500 in the Hyundai A-League.
- Meanwhile, Western Sydney's next goal will be their 200th in the competition.
- And two substitute milestones could fall in Saturday night's Sydney derby; if Matt Simon comes on for Sydney FC, he'll equal Labinot Haliti's record of 81 appearances as a substitute and if Wanderers striker Brendon Santalab comes off the bench and scores twice, he'll draw level with Henrique as the Hyundai A-League's most prolific substitute with 17 goals.