As we head into Round 5 of the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 Season, there’s a host of players and teams on the verge of some key milestones.
Here are the records that could be close to getting achieved across the weekend.
- Brendon Santalab has made a habit of scoring goals off the bench throughout his Hyundai A-League career, currently on 15 goals as a substitute. He’s just two off the all-time record held by former Roar and Adelaide star Henrique (17).
- Both Nigel Boogaard and Alex Brosque are edging closer to 200 Hyundai A-League appearances. Boogaard will play his 199th game when the Jets host Phoenix on Saturday, while Sydney FC’s trip to Melbourne City could be Brosque’s 198th match in the competition.
- Roy O’Donovan will bring up 50 Hyundai A-League games if he plays against Phoenix, as will teammate Nick Cowburn, while Perth Glory’s Jacob Poscoliero will reach a similar mark if he gets on against Adelaide United on Saturday night.
- Veteran Sydney FC defender Alex Wilkinson is close to 100 Hyundai A-League wins. Currently on 99, ‘Wilko’ will achieve the special feat if the Sky Blues can win the top-of-the-table clash against City on Friday night.
- And if the Western Sydney Wanderers can beat Melbourne Victory on Monday night, keeper Vedran Janjetovic will notch his 50th win in the competition.
- While it might not happen this weekend, Sydney FC are edging closer to 500 Hyundai A-League goals. The Sky Blues are currently on 490 goals in the competition.
- And the Hyundai A-League is close to registering its 100th regular time 0-0 draw. There’s currently been 96 goalless draws in the competitions history.