The Sydney Derby headlines what promises to be a fascinating Round 10 of the Hyundai A-League with a few milestones set to be reached in the Harbour City clash.
Champions Sydney FC currently lead the way in the 2017/18 Season and Graham Arnold’s men could mark a few more milestones at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night.
The Sky Blues are on the cusp of scoring their 500th goal in the Hyundai A-League, needing three more to reach the magical figure.
And they’d love nothing more than to do it against their fierce rivals.
Sydney FC are just one clean sheet away from reaching 100 games without conceding a goal and they would become the first club to reach that mark.
While he hails from Western Sydney, Sky Blues skipper Alex Brosque will chalk up 100 Hyundai A-League wins if his side prevails on Saturday night.
Wanderers striker Brendon Santalab could also break a substitute record this weekend. If he scores twice he'll draw level with Henrique as the Hyundai A-League's most prolific super sub with 17 goals.
Still on Santalab, and the striker will become the first player in Sydney Derby history to score the winning goal in this fixture for a third time if he can grab the decisive goal on Saturday night.
Wanderers keeper Vedran Janjetovic and Sydney FC defender Seb Ryall have both enjoyed six wins in Sydney Derby matches, the most of any player in the fixture. Whoever comes out on top on Saturday night will standalone as the most successful player in Derby history.
Other milestones that could be reached in Round 10 across the Hyundai A-League include:
- Newcastle Jets midfielder Ben Kantarovski, Perth Glory winger Chris Harold and Brisbane Roar defender Jack Hingert (all 149), could all make their 150th Hyundai A-League appearance.
- Roar will register their 150th win in the competition if they can defeat Wellington Phoenix at CBUS Stadium on Saturday.
- Central Coast Mariners need three goals in their clash at Melbourne City on Sunday to hit 450 in the Hyundai A-League, while just one goal will see City notch 300.
- Roar’s Ivan Franjic is one start away from 150 starts in the Hyundai A-League, as is Adelaide United defender Michael Marrone.
- Wellington Phoenix playmaker Gui Finkler will reach 100 Hyundai A-League starts if he makes the starting XI for their clash with Brisbane.