Hyundai A-League friendlies wrap: Roar, Victory all square in Morwell

New recruit Adam Taggart found the net as Brisbane Roar and Melbourne Victory played out an entertaining draw in Morwell on Saturday.

While on the Kapati Coast in New Zealand, Wellington Phoenix scored a goal in each half to beat a Central League Select outfit.

BOLT: 'The players have accepted me'

TOIVONEN: 'I want a title with Victory'

It’s all in our Hyundai A-League weekend friendlies wrap.

Roar holds Victory in pre-season thriller

Caltex Socceroos hopeful Adam Taggart continues to settle in nicely at new club Brisbane Roar, with the striker scoring in his side’s 1-1 draw with Melbourne Victory in Morwell.

Both goals came in the space of two minutes midway through the first half, with Leigh Broxham finishing off a penalty at the second attempt after keeper Jamie Young saved his initial effort.

But Taggart drew Brisbane level soon after, finishing calmly after a superb through-ball from Connor O’Toole.

It was only a superb goal-line clearance from Broxham to deny Taggart a second before the break, with both sides squandering excellent chances to win it in the second half.

Roar finished the match with 10-men after Danish import Tobias Mikkelsen was sent off for a second yellow card.

Phoenix gets the job done on Kapati Coast

Mark Rudan’s Wellington revolution continues to gather momentum with his side looking strong in a 2-0 win over the Central League Select (CLS) outfit at Weka Park on Saturday.

With the likes of Sarpreet Singh, Roy Krishna and Mitch Nichols in excellent touch, Phoenix carved out plenty of opportunities throughout the 90 minutes.

Former Phoenix fan-favourite Paul Ifill was in the CLS side but there was nothing he could do to prevent Wellington’s opener, with a free-kick dropping to Krishna in the box, with the Fijian slamming home from close range.

Krishna wasted a chance to double the lead soon after when he saw his penalty saved.

Rudan rang the changes in the second half and it was one of his substitutes that iced the result in stoppage-time, with Nathan Burns evading a number of defenders as he broke through on goal before slotting a shot into the bottom corner of the net.