Glory v City: stats analysis from a huge win for the visitors in Perth
It was the Ross McCormack-Daniel Arzani show again for Melbourne City as the pair combined superbly again in the 2-0 win over Perth at nib Stadium.
Here are the key stats from the clash.
- Melbourne City picked up their first win against Perth Glory in the A-League since April 2016, when they also won 2-0.
- This is the sixth game this season that Perth Glory have been kept goalless. The last time they were goalless more in a single season was in 2013/14 (7 times).
- Melbourne City have now won four of their last seven games away from home, without scoring more than two goals in a single one of those seven games.
- Melbourne City conceded just nine fouls against Perth, their fewest in an A-League game in the last six seasons.
- Glory’s Diego Castro made four shots at goal (ex. blocks) the most of any player in the match; only once in his A-League career has he made more in a single game (6 vs Wellington in March 2016).