Dominant Sydney FC steamroll Perth Glory
Sydney FC remain unbeaten after a dominant showing against Perth, who had Liam Reddy to thank after the Glory keeper's stellar display kept the loss down to just 2-0 at Allianz Stadium on Friday night.
In overcast conditions, Sydney FC were a class above their opponent, running over the top of Kenny Lowe's men with an awesome display and a fully deserved 2-0 win - even if the scoreline flattered the visitors somewhat.
Incredibly there were three penalties in the game - one missed and two converted.
STORY OF THE GAME
- Sydney FC smashed Glory in the first half with 15 shots to 3.
- Liam Reddy pulled off three excellent saves to keep the raiding Sky Blues at bay.
- Bobo blazed wide with the best chance of the half before he thumped his penalty onto the bar.
- The Brazilian, with a second penalty, made no mistake, as Sydney took a 1-0 lead into the break.
- Taggart in stoppage time almost pulled the contest level just a minute before the third penalty of the game.
- Tireless attacking left back Michael Zullo was excellent for Sydney FC.
- Perth Glory sub Mitch Nichols was influential when he came on in the second half while Reddy was absolutely superb throughout.
Bobo (pen), Sydney FC 45’: 1-0
The penalty was awarded, then it went to the VAR. The penalty was confirmed and Bobo didn’t make any mistake to open the scoring as Sydney took a 1-0 lead into the break.
Mierzejewski (pen), Sydney FC 93’: 2-0
Ninkovic was tripped in the box and the Polish star coolly converted.