Ahead of Hyundai A-League champions Sydney FC's clash with Arsenal next month, we take a look at some of the interesting links between the two clubs.
1. Former Sydney FC coach John Kosmina is the only known Australian to have played a game for the Gunners.
Kossie signed for Arsenal after impressing on Arsenal’s last tour of Australia 40 years ago, however managed only one league game and three in the UEFA Cup for the English club before returning to Oz.
2. Sydney FC assistant coach Steve Corica played under Arsenal legend Paul Merson when he was manager at Walsall.
3. Marquee attacker and Johnny Warren medallist Milos Ninkovic played for Dynamo Kiev against Arsenal in the 2008 UEFA Champions League in Kiev and the game ended in a 1-1 draw.
4. Ninkovic was also in the 2010 Serbian World Cup team which played against Per Mertesacker and Mesut Ozil in the same group with Australia and Ghana.
5. Sky Blues central defender Alex Wilkinson played at the 2014 World Cup for Australia coming up against Chile and Alexis Sanchez, as well as Spain’s Santi Cazorla.
6. Sky Blues midfielder David Carney played in an English League Cup game against Arsenal for Sheffield United in 2007, losing 3-0 at Bramall Lane.
7. Captain Alex Brosque was in the same squad as Arsenal legend Freddie Ljungberg for a season in Japan playing for Shimzu S-Pulse.
8. Arsenal keeper Petr Cech came down under with Chelsea two year ago and played Sydney FC in the very same ANZ Stadium and he could well repeat the journey.