Clinical Sydney FC rub salt into Adelaide's wound with Friday night win
Bobo scored the winner against Adelaide United for the second time in 10 days as Sydney FC battled to a 1-0 victory at Coopers Stadium on Friday night.
Just over a week on from his extra-time heroics in the Westfield FFA Cup Final, Bobo denied the Reds any sense of revenge with the game's only goal just prior to half-time.
Adelaide did enjoy long stretches of superiority - particularly in the first half - but they managed only a single shot on target in slipping to their first loss in three Hyundai A-League matches.
Sydney, meanwhile, are now five points clear of second-placed Newcastle ahead of the Jets' clash with Melbourne City.
STORY OF THE GAME
- Adelaide settled the quickest, although chances were scant over a cagey first 25 minutes.
- That was until Isaias' turnover resulted in a one-on-one for Bobo, but Paul Izzo narrowed the angle and blocked the finish.
- Nikola Mileusnic should have done better when he headed over from Ryan Kitto's cross.
- Despite being outplayed, Sydney took the lead on the edge of half-time as Bobo profited from fine lead-up play.
- Mark Ochieng turned an acrobatic bicycle kick over the bar shortly after the restart.
- And that was the closest a toothless Adelaide came to gaining a point on a disappointing night for the home side.
Bobo, Sydney FC 45': 0-1
Josh Brilliante expertly picked out Luke Wilkshire's run to the far post and the right-back, at full stretch, did well to divert it back across the face for Bobo to tap home.