Which defender has scored the most Hyundai A-League goals this season?
Robbie Cornthwaite? Michael Zullo? Tarek Elrich?
No, in fact it’s Adelaide United’s Dylan McGowan!
The Reds centre-back scored his third of the season against Perth Glory last weekend to top the list of goal-scoring defenders.
Check out these other Opta stats ahead of resurgent Adelaide’s trip to Melbourne City tonight.
- If City skipper Bruno Fornaroli is fouled three more times, he’ll become the first player to win 100 fouls this season; no other player has won more than 71 (Andrew Hoole).
- Adelaide United have won three of their last four games against Melbourne City.
- Melbourne City are seeking successive home wins against the Reds for the first time in Hyundai A-League history after a 2-1 win when these teams last met in Melbourne.
- Adelaide are hunting consecutive road wins for the first time since Round 27 last season.
- Melbourne City have scored exactly one goal in each of their last six Friday games, but only once in that span have they managed to win (D2, L3).
- Adelaide United have hit the woodwork 13 times this season, twice more than any other team in the competition and six more times than Melbourne City.
- Melbourne City (433) and Adelaide United (395) have won more fouls than anyone else this season.