City v Glory: key stats from Perth's rare road win
Perth Glory put a pair of disappointing defeats behind them by upsetting a 10-man Melbourne City at AAMI Park on Friday night.
Here are the key stats and facts from the visitors' 3-1 victory.
- Perth's 3-1 win snaps a seven-match losing run on the road, their last away success coming in a 2-1 win against Adelaide United on February 10, 2017.
- Glory netted three goals against City for the fourth time in their last five encounters.
- Melbourne City have not trailed at half-time and won since beating Brisbane Roar 3-1 on March 18, 2016.
- Osama Malik's sending off was City's first straight red card since Tim Cahill received his marching orders against Melbourne Victory on February 4, 2017.
- Mitch Nichols has more goals against Melbourne City than any other Hyundai A-League opponent, with nine. His second best return is against current employers Perth (six).
- McCormack's free-kick to draw City level is the first time Perth have conceded a goal from outside their penalty area since April 16, 2017, which was against the same opposition.