City and Glory share points in AAMI Park arm wrestle

Perth Glory were forced to settle for a share of the spoils as a stoic Melbourne City battled to a 0-0 draw at AAMI Park on Saturday night.

Florin Berenguer and Andy Keogh threatened either side of half-time but chances were scant and the hosts - beaten 2-1 by Central Coast Mariners last time out - appeared content to halt the Hyundai A-League leaders' four-match winning run.

Jason Davidson failed to tuck away a gilt-edged chance to extend that streak late in proceedings with Glory ultimately banking a point that takes them four clear at the top, while City are two shy of third-placed Sydney FC.

LIVE BLOG: Catch up on how the match unfolded in Melbourne
WATCH FOR FREE: How to watch the Hyundai A-League LIVE and FREE

New free to air banner

Perth did much of the meaningful early probing with Neil Kilkenny and Davidson both trying their luck inside 20 minutes.

The best opportunity of a tightly contested first half fell to French midfielder Berenguer who produced only an air swing after being found in a promising position by Ritchie De Laet.

There was time left before the break for Keogh to force Harrison Delbridge into a crucial block in the box and the same two players were involved in another important moment just prior to the hour.

Kilkenny played his striker through on goal but defender Delbridge came from nowhere to produce a perfectly timed last-ditch sliding challenge.

City, having mirrored Glory's trademark three-man defence from the outset, almost saw their circumspect approach came unstuck in the 82nd minute.

Eugene Galekovic used his legs to deny Keogh in a one-on-one and wing-back Davidson blazed over a right-footed follow-up that should have broken the deadlock.

Scott Jamieson then skimmed a wayward cross along the top of the bar in a rare moment of alarm for Tony Popovic's team, who encountered few other scares and remain unbeaten away from home.

Summer of Heroes Hyundai A-League Westfield W-League $49 family tickets