The Hyundai A-League draws to a close in 2019 with the Central Coast Mariners’ traditional New Years’ Eve clash, as Premiers Perth Glory head to Gosford.
Tony Popovic’s Glory have hit form in December, recording three straight wins to go from last spot a few weeks ago to now sit in the top four.
And their last outing – a 6-2 thrashing of Newcastle Jets – was their best display of the lot with their star men Diego Castro and Bruno Fornaroli in imperious form.
History suggests they should back-up their big win with another three points, having lost just one of their last five Hyundai A-League games the week after having scored five or more goals in a game (W3, D1).
But don’t expect Glory to have things easy against a Mariners side showing great spirit and resilience under Alen Stajcic.
Sunday’s 1-0 win over Adelaide United was a display of grit and no shortage of quality to move within two points of the top six – with a game in hand.
And it should not be forgotten that the Mariners have already beat Perth this season, a thrilling 2-1 win at HBF Park back in Round 4.
Tuesday, 31 December 2019
Kick-off: 7pm AEDT
Venue: Central Coast Stadium
Broadcast: FOX Sports 505
Stream: MyFootball Live App, Kayo Sports
Ways to watch
How to follow the action
Match centre: Live updates, videos and statistics
Follow @ALeague on Twitter and join the conversation using #CCMvPER #ALeague
To be confirmed.
Did you know?
- Central Coast Mariners earned a 2-1 win in their last A-League game against Perth Glory, snapping a four-game losing run against them in the process.
- The Central Coast Mariners will be on the hunt for back-to-back A-League wins for the first time since December 2017 – a streak which included a 1-0 win over Perth Glory.
- The Central Coast Mariners have scored four goals from outside the box this A-League campaign, more than any other team in the competition.
- Perth Glory’s Diego Castro (3 goals, 3 assists) is one of only two players to have both scored 3+ goals and provided 3+ assists this A-League campaign (Kosta Barbarouses – 4 goals, 3 assists).
- Perth Glory have out-shot their opponents by 26 total shots (inc. blocks) this A-League campaign; only Melbourne City (52) have outshot their opponents by a larger margin.
Round 12: Mariners v Glory
Featured NewsRead more
'They’re really stepping up': Glory young guns providing platform for veterans to shine
Richard Garcia says the sky is the limit for his brigade of rising stars, as the mix of youthful exuberance and top-shelf experienced talent blended to perfection in Perth Glory's 3-1 win over Brisbane Roar on Friday night. The spotlight shone brightly on the likes of Diego Ca
Free-scoring Perth turn on the style in classy win over Roar
Perth Glory moved into fifth on the A-League table with a 3-1 win over Brisbane Roar highlighted by a trio of well-worked goals at HBF Park on Friday night. Richard Garcia's side became the first A-League team in history to score 18 goals across the first six games of a campai
Matchweek 10 preview: Newcastle Jets v Wellington Phoenix
Wellington Phoenix will be desperate to spark an uplift in form after slumping to the bottom of the A-League table, beginning with a win against Newcastle Jets at McDonald Jones Stadium on Sunday night. The Phoenix have just one win on the board to date in the 2020/21 A-League