Central Coast Mariners outshine Sydney FC but settle for draw at Allianz
Hyundai A-League leaders Sydney FC recovered from a goal down at the break to draw 1-1 with an impressive Central Coast Mariners at Allianz on Saturday night.
In Graham Arnold's 100th game in charge of Sydney, it was the Mariners who caught the eye with an enterprising display.
But the class of Bobo saved the home side with his second-half goal after Blake Powell's early penalty for the visitors.
Bobo's 16th goal of the season equaled Marc Janko's record of goals for a season in Sky Blue.
MATCH CENTRE Re-live the game with stats, heat maps and line-ups in the match centre here
STORY OF THE GAME
- GOAL FOR CCM Appiah-Kubi wins pen after Brillante's misplaced pass; Blake Powell calmly converts against his former club after 7 mins.
- CCM IN CONTROL Bright start sees CCM pressing all over the park against a surprisingly shaky Sky Blues side.
- NINKOVIC DENIED Mierzejewski finds Ninkovic but Golec gets a deflection on the shot and it goes out for a corner
- INCREDIBLE MISS! CCM profit from poor Sydney FC play and Hiariej sets up Wales but he lifts the ball over the bar from right in front.
- HALF-TIME: 0-1 Central Coast deservedly in the lead. Could've easily been 0-2. The visitors full of energy and positive intent across the park against a Sydney FC who've, worryingly, looked off the pace.
- CCM MISS GREAT CHANCE Appiah-Kubi set free by Wales but instead of cutting back to the free Hoole he shoots and it's deflected over. Hoole not happy!
- SYDNEY FC GOAL! Class of Mierzejewski sets up Bobo and it's 1-1 on the hour mark.
- ADRIAN SUBBED OFF Mierzejewski off after a quiet display though it was his assist for Sydney's equaliser.
- CLOSE Hoole with the low cross to CCM-sub Skapetis, but Redmayne cuts out the cross in stoppage time.
Powell CCM 0-1, 7'
Blake Powell calmly sends Redmayne the wrong way in front of the Cove. CCM a goal to the good after Brillante's errant pass forced Redmayne to bring down the pacy Appiah-Kubi.
Bobo Sydney FC 1-1, 60'
Mierzejewski with the jink left and right before curling a deft cross onto Bobo's head and falling back the Brazilian powers his header across the goal and past Kennedy.