Carle's Harry hope

Star Sydney FC midfielder Nick Carle says it would be an honour to play alongside Harry Kewell in the upcoming Hyundai A-League season, as the Socceroos superstar continues to weigh up his next career move.

Star Sydney FC midfielder Nick Carle says it would be an honour to play alongside Harry Kewell in the upcoming Hyundai A-League season, as the Socceroos superstar continues to weigh up his next career move.

Kewell, who was released by Turkish club Galatasaray at the end of last season, has received formal offers from the Sky Blues and arch rivals Melbourne Victory for the 2011/12 campaign starting in October.

And while the Victory are frontrunners to secure the former Liverpool and Leeds United star's services, Carle made it clear the 32-year-old would be welcomed with open arms at Sydney FC.

"He's arguably the best players that's ever come out of Australia so it'd be an honour to play with him here at Sydney FC," Carle told Sportal at Sydney FC's membership launch at Martin Place on Monday.

"It'd be brilliant if we could get him, but in terms of the league as well I think anyone that got him, it'd be brilliant for the league."

"Obviously for us as a change room we'd love to have him, not only because of the publicity that he'd bring to the league but his capability as a player."

Asked if he has spoken to his former Qantas Socceroos team-mate in a bid to help lure him back to the harbour city, Carle replied: "No I haven't ... but I know all the boys would love to have him in the change room. In saying that, that's the club's decision and I'm sure the club are doing everything possible in what they believe is the right way to go about it."

"It's left in the club's hands, it's out of our hands but from a player's point of view obviously we'd love to have him."

"And from an Hyundai A-League point of view as well I think it's very important that we do manage to get someone like Harry back."

Meanwhile, Carle says he's feeling rejuvenated and refreshed after an injury-plagued debut season with the Sky Blues.

"Body wise it's the best I've felt in a long time," Carle declared.

"I had my first break in a long time where I had four or five weeks, and I did nothing. It's been five or six years since I had a break like that."

"I then managed to do my own little pre-season before coming back and I've felt really, really good in pre-season so far, so hopefully that keeps going."

The 29-year-old was hampered by back and groin injuries in 2010/11 which limited him to 15 appearances.

But the attacking midfielder is confident he still has plenty of good years ahead of him and has vowed to 'repay the faith' this season.

"I know Vitja (coach Vitezslav Lavicka) worked very hard to get me to the club so I want to repay him and say 'thank you for bringing me back'," he said.

"And I really feel if I'm injury free and fit I'll be able to do that for him this season."