Goalkeeper Jamie Young was named Brisbane Roar's Hyundai A-League Player of the Season on Wednesday night at the club's 2018 Gala at The Lion Richlands.
Young was rewarded for a superb season with the club's highest honour, awarded the Gary Wilkins Medal as for the first time in his career.
The gloveman played 24 matches this season, regularly pulling off some amazing stops as well as leading the Hyundai A-League for save percentage.
Young, who this week picked up the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 Goalkeeper of the Year award, also earned the plaudits of his peers, named Player's Player.
“Firstly, congratulations to all our 2017/18 award winners,” Roar boss John Aloisi said.
“Well done to Jamie Young who joins a select group of talented footballers to earn the prestigious Gary Wilkins Medal.
“It is great to be able to highlight the significant achievements of individuals but let us not forget the hard work of the collective group that makes our Club so strong.”
Italian marquee Massimo Maccarone's nine goals in his maiden Hyundai A-League campaign saw him take out the side's Golden Boot award while an impressive season for 20-year-old defender, Connor O'Toole earned him the honour of Breakthrough Player of the Year.
After 159 appearances for BRFC, including three championship victories, departing goalkeeper Michael Theo became the second player to be inducted into the Brisbane Roar Hall of Fame joining Club legend Thomas Broich.
Take a look below at all the winner’s from our night of nights.
Brisbane Roar Gala Award Winners
- Gary Wilkins Medal – Jamie Young
- Westfield W-League Player of the Year – Celeste Boureille
- Hyundai A-League Players' Player of the Year – Jamie Young
- Westfield W-League Players' Player of the Year – Clare Polkinghorne
- Hyundai A-League Golden Boot – Massimo Maccarone
- Westfield W-League Golden Boot – Allira Toby
- Hyundai A-League Breakthrough Player – Connor O'Toole
- Westfield W-League Breakthrough Player – Abbey Lloyd
- Club Person of the Year – Melissa Tunstall & Jason Kearton
- Hall of Fame Inductee – Michael Theo
- Lifetime Member – Ian Dalzell