Brazilian goal machine makes history as Sydney FC ease past Adelaide United
Sydney FC eased past Adelaide United 3-0 with Brazilian striker Bobo in fabulous form scoring twice to make it 26 goals for the season on Sunday night.
At Allianz, Bobo hit goals 25 and 26 of the season and provided a deft assist for Matt Simon's header on the cusp of halftime as the league leaders moved to 61 points on the ladder.
After a stunning win in Asia a few days earlier, the Sky Blues ended the week on a high in the penultimate round in the Hyundai A-League.
Bobo is now the highest ever scorer in an A-League season with 26 goals.
STORY OF THE GAME
- INJURY CONCERN Mierzejewski has gone down clutching his wrist. He is in pain, as the trainers attend
- GOAL! Inside stoppage time, Simon breaks the deadlock
- HALF TIME 1-0 Sydney FC not at their royal best but with a handy lead.
- GOAL! Bobo on target just before the hour mark.
- GOAL! Bobo again! It's suddenly 3-0 to the home side after 66 mins.
Simon Sydney FC 1-0, 45' + 4
Mierzejewski moves through the gears as he finds Bobo inside the box, he crosses for Simon, in the middle of the box and he nods it past Izzo.
Bobo Sydney FC 2-0, 59'
Mierzejewski swings it into the box as Bobo heads it perfectly by outmuscling a defender to curl a power header into the net.
Bobo Sydney FC 2-0, 66'
Ninkovic fires it in for goal and it takes a deflection but only as far as Bobo who on the turn smashes a lovely low shot past Izzo at the Cove end.