Bobo bags Big Blue winner as Sydney FC complete clean sweep of Melbourne Victory
Sydney FC celebrated the lifting of the Hyundai A-League Premiers Plate in fine style by edging rivals Melbourne Victory 1-0 at Allianz Stadium on Friday night.
Bobo netted his 27th goal of the season in just the eighth minute and it proved enough to secure the Sky Blues a seventh straight Big Blue success.
Alex Wilkinson came to the hosts' rescue either side of the winner as his two goal-line clearances held Victory scoreless for just the third time this term.
The result means Kevin Muscat's men will end Round 27 in fourth and host the fifth-placed team in the first week of the Finals Series.
Sydney FC, meanwhile, match the 20 wins they accrued in finishing first last season.
STORY OF THE GAME
- CHANCE: Besart Berisha somehow fails to score in the fourth minute after rounding Andrew Redmayne, Wilkinson blocking the striker's finish at point-blank range.
- GOAL! Berisha is immediately made to pay for passing up that opportunity as Bobo breaks the deadlock.
- SAVE: Alex Brosque squares for Milos Ninkovic in a one-on-one, but Lawrence Thomas does well to deny him low down.
- CHANCE: The score remains unchanged at the hour mark, when Brosque heads a good opportunity straight at Thomas.
- SAVE: Redmayne rushes well off his line and is almost caught out, but he manages to divert Kosta Barbarouses' attempted chip.
- OFF THE LINE: After receiving an unselfish pass from Barbarouses, Leroy George's dinked finish is miraculously hooked off the line by Wilkinson.
Bobo, Sydney FC 8': 1-0
Michael Zullo bursts onto Ninkovic's pass and into the box, with Bobo getting a touch to the full-back's low drive toward the bottom far corner.