Bobo bosses the Big Blue as Sydney overrun Victory
Melbourne Victory collapsed to more Big Blue misery as Bobo's brace helped Sydney FC to a come-from-behind 3-1 win at AAMI Park on Friday.
Trailing to Besart Berisha's 58th minute penalty, the Sky Blues responded in emphatic fashion as they piled on three goals over the final half-hour to extend their unbeaten run against Kevin Muscat's men to two years.
Bobo netted a quickfire equaliser and struck the second from the spot, with Jason Geria shown a second yellow card for bringing down the Brazilian.
David Carney added late polish off the bench to ensure the champions moved nine points clear at the top, while Victory remain vulnerable in fourth.
STORY OF THE GAME
- CHANCES: After poking around the post with one opportunity, Berisha next shoots wide from an excellent position.
- PRESSURE: Sydney begin to even out the match as Milos Ninkovic guides a shot over and Michael Zullo teases a dangerous cross.
- CLOSE: Jai Ingham's cut-back deflects off Jordy Buijs and squirms through Andrew Redmayne before dribbling wide.
- SAVES: Superb from Lawarence Thomas to deny Adrian Mierzejewski twice in quick succession, reacting to his right on both occasions.
- GOAL! Josh Brillante brings down Ingham just before the hour and Berisha coolly converts the resultant spot-kick.
- GOAL! The Sky Blues immediately hit back, Bobo heading in Luke Wilkshire's cross.
- GOAL AND RED CARD! Sydney's hasty turnaround is complete as Bobo buries a penalty after being tripped by Geria, who is dismissed for a second yellow.
- GOAL! And Graham Arnold's men are out of sight with just over five minutes to play as Carney adds a third off the bench.
Besart Berisha (p), Melbourne Victory 58': 1-0
Brillante chops down Ingham from behind, sending Berisha to the spot. The steely-eyed striker makes no mistake as he sent Redmayne the wrong way.
Bobo, Sydney FC 60': 1-1
Wilkshire's overlapping run is rewarded by Mierzejewski and the full-back dinks a delightful cross toward Bobo, who climbs above Leigh Broxham to head home.
Bobo, Sydney FC 78': 1-2
Geria is second to Mierzejewski's reverse pass and can only trip the the Brazilian, who side-foots past Thomas from the spot.
Carney, Sydney FC 84': 1-3
Bobo and Mierzejewski combine to expose Victory's lack of numbers at the back, freeing Carney to toe beyond Thomas in a one-on-one.