Goalkeeper Ben Kennedy has taken out the top prize at the Central Coast Mariners awards night, voted by his peers as the club's best in the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 Season.
The 31-year-old shot stopper made 23 Hyundai A-League appearances this season which was enough to automatically trigger a second season with the Mariners.
The club’s newest Mariners Medalist has now confirmed his future on the Central Coast until at least the end of the Hyundai A-League 2018/19 season.
The Mariners Medal is the most prestigious individual award of the night that is decided on a 3-2-1 basis, selected by the players across the Hyundai A-League season in which his peers have deemed Kennedy the best player throughout the 2017/18 campaign.
Playmaker Danny De Silva was the other big winner of the night, picking up three awards in his first season with the club.
De Silva claimed the ‘Men of Football Damien Brown Medal’, voted by the Central Coast Chapter as well as the ‘Central Coast Mariners Official Supporters Club Player of the Year Award’.
The 21-year-old attacker was also the recipient of the ‘Noel Spencer Goal of the Year Award’ thanks to his combination with Andrew Hoole in Round two against the Western Sydney Wanders.
De Silva’s 63rd minute length of the field team goal at Spotless Stadium was voted and decided upon by Mariners’ fans in an online poll.
The club’s Golden Boot Award was split between Blake Powell, Andrew Hoole & Connor Pain who all bagged four goals this season
Central Coast Mariners Award Summary
- Central Coast Mariners Official Supporters Club Player of the Year: Danny De Silva
- Volunteer of the year (sponsored by Six String Brewery): Nicholas Bessant
- Foxtel National Youth League Player of the Year: Josh Nisbet
- Noel Spencer Goal of the Year: Danny De Silva
- Men of Football Damien Brown Medal: Danny De Silva
- Golden Boot: Blake Powell, Andrew Hoole & Connor Pain
- Chairman’s Award (Club Person of the Year): Daniel Challinor ‘Dan the Membership Man’
- Mariners Medal (sponsored by Collaborative Construction Solutions): Ben Kennedy