Head of the Hyundai A-League Damien De Bohun says if any banned A-League fan can prove their innocence, their ban will be overturned via a review process.
Speaking after his appearance on Fox Sports’ Shootout on Sunday night, De Bohun said any fan can appeal their ban by providing evidence of their innocence.
This evidence will then be considered by FFA, who will formalise an appeals process to review any such evidence.
“If a banned person can prove their innocence by providing evidence that they are innocent, we will overturn that ban,” De Bohun told www.a-league.com.au.
As for the leaked list of banned A-League fans which surfaced in a media outlet last week, an investigation is underway to find out how such a confidential document became public, which has implications for privacy issues, he said.
And at the end of a difficult week for the game, he had a clear message regarding the future of football in Australia.
“The game’s heartland has rallied together," he said.
"There’s no doubt we’ll be stronger for it and even more united behind the idea to make football the number one sport in the country.
"We love our fans. They are what make the A-League atmosphere so special," added De Bohun himself a long-time fan of football.