Zac Anderson serving fruit. Eddy Bosnar selling cars. Glen Trifiro flipping burgers at Oporto? Today the Mariners have taken their community ethos a step further by having their squad work at businesses across the Central Coast.
“Today is all about reinforcing to the players how lucky they are to have a career in professional sport,” Mariners coach Phil Moss told www.footballaustralia.com.au/centralcoastmariners
“Certainly, all the players have worked very hard to achieve their place as a professional footballer, but there’s nothing wrong with a reminder of what the real workforce is like.
“As part of our pre-season program we will be making sure that we take the players out of their comfort zone and put them in a range of different environments.
"We expect that they will approach each task with professionalism and commitment to the cause, just like they would a game.”
So if you want to served fruit, measured for a suit, be sold a car or buy a cinema ticket off a Mariner today, here is where they’ll be.
• Isaka Cernak – Baker’s Delight, Erina
• Eddy Bosnar – Booth’s Motor Group, North Gosford
• John Hutchinson & Michael Neill – Central Coast Leagues Club, Gosford
• Tom Slater – eVent Cinemas, Tuggerah
• Zac Anderson – Fruit For All, Berkeley Vale
• Mitchell Duke & Nick Fitzgerald – Peninsula Leisure Centre, Gosford
• Liam Reddy – Little Kickers
• Storm Roux, Matt Sim & Kim Seung-yong – Masterfoods, Berkeley Vale
• Anthony Kalik – Oporto, Tuggerah
• Glen Trifiro – Oporto, Erina
• Brent Griffiths – Prestige Wedding & Event Hire
• Nick Montgomery – Shortland Insurance, Gosford
• Hayden Morton – Tyres & More, Tumbi Umbi
• Anthony Caceres – Worldwide Printing, Erina
Moss added that he hopes the players’ assistance helps make a difference to the business people of the Central Coast, as well as their employees and customers.
“It’s a day out of our lives that can make a big difference to our sponsors and the local community,” he said.
In more of a traditional community program, the club will also commence its annual ‘Club Nights’ this evening, with the first visit of the year going to the kids and volunteers at Woongarrah Wildcats FC.
In total, the Mariners will conduct ten Club Nights inclusive of coaching clinics and meet and greets throughout the pre-season.
Central Coast Mariners memberships for the upcoming Hyundai A-League season are now on sale!
Be more than a fan, become a member. Click here for more information and to sign up today.