Did you know the next 0-0 draw in the Hyundai A-League will be the 100th goal-less game in the competition’s thirteen-season history?
Here are some more top Opta facts about Hyundai A-League stalemates.
- Sydney FC have been involved in the most 0-0 draws with 28, followed by Adelaide United with 23.
- Of the Hyundai A-League’s foundation clubs, Perth Glory have played in the fewest goal-less games with just 16, followed by Brisbane Roar with 19.
- However, Brisbane (then Queensland Roar) were part of the very first 0-0 result, which was against Adelaide in round two of the 2005/06 season. While it had no goals, the game featured eight yellow cards!
- The Hyundai A-League 2010/11 season had the most goal-less draws with 13, while the 2008/09 season had the fewest, with just four 0-0 results. There have been three 0-0 draws so far this season.
- The three-season period from 2013/14 – 2015/16 saw almost one-third of games (29/99) finish goal-less.
- There has been just one Hyundai A-League game which has finished 0-0 after 120 minutes – the 2009/10 finals clash between Goal Coast United and Newcastle in Robina. Ironically, the first ten kicks in the subsequent penalty shoot-out were all successful, before the Jets eventually triumphed 6-5 with Nikolai Topor-Stanley netting the winner.