Aloisi vows to help

Injured marquee striker John Aloisi is confident he can still contribute to the Sydney FC cause in the lead up to Saturday's Hyundai A-League Grand Final against bitter rivals Melbourne Victory at Etihad Stadium.

Injured marquee striker John Aloisi is confident he can still contribute to the Sydney FC cause in the lead up to Saturday's Hyundai A-League Grand Final against bitter rivals Melbourne Victory at Etihad Stadium.

A 'devastated' Aloisi was ruled out of the decider on Monday after tearing his left hamstring in the preliminary final against Wellington Phoenix.

But the 34-year-old, who is yet to make a decision on his future beyond this season, is adamant he still has a role to play ahead of the mouth-watering clash.

"Just talk to the players and be with them," Aloisi said when asked how he plans to help get his team-mates over the line.

"Especially with the younger boys who haven't been to a grand final before, just to help them enjoy the week and enjoy the occasion because as a footballer you know it doesn't happen every week."

"They have to make the most of it and enjoy every minute of it."

"Tomorrow I'll be with the team and give support to the players that are going to play and enjoy the game on Saturday. Even though I won't be playing it's still a big occasion for the club and I'm part of this club."

Pressed on his future plans, the off-contract striker says he won't begin contemplating his next move until after Saturday's clash.

"I've got a few options but I haven't really thought about the last few days because of what's gone on, and I said (previously) I was going to think about it more after the grand final," he said.

"It's still the same now, this week (is about) just getting over the news of not being able to play in such a big game and making sure that I get my happy face on for the boys tomorrow and give them moral support for the game."

"I've still got a couple of weeks to think about it and get my head around things and weigh up the options."

Asked to confirm which clubs have shown an interest, Aloisi revealed: "I have a couple of good options. Everyone knows about the interest of Melbourne Heart so that's there for sure and now Sydney so we'll wait and see."

"I spoke to Sydney last week, (I've had) no offer through yet but I spoke to them about the situation and where we can go from there, and I said that we'll speak more after the grand final."

Whatever he decides, the former Qantas Socceroos striker insists he will not be lost to the Hyundai A-League and says retirement was never an option.

"I'm not going overseas" he said.

"The reason why I came back to Australia was to play and live back here in Australia and be with my family again."

"It (retirement) hasn't entered my head. The last few days the way I've been walking around doesn't feel too good but I've been feeling good most of the season."

Depsite the injuries to skipper Steve Corica and himself, Aloisi says confidence remains high within the Sky Blues camp.

"I think that we played very good against Wellington on the weekend and also here against Melbourne a couple of weeks ago," he said.

"For 70 minutes of the game we outplayed Melbourne and we deserved to win the game in 90 minutes which we did, and if we can do the same on Saturday we'll win the grand final."

Meanwhile, talented shot-stopper Ivan Necevski has agreed to a one-year contract extension.

The 29-year-old will start his fourth season with the Sky Blues after joining the club at the beginning of the 2007/08 Hyundai A-League season.