Adelaide v Wanderers: key stats as Reds go fourth
Adelaide United surged into the Hyundai A-League's top four courtesy of Ryan Kitto's brace in a 2-0 victory over Western Sydney Wanderers on Sunday.
Here are the key stats and facts from a hard-fought Coopers Stadium clash.
- Ryan Kitto scored his first career double and took his all-time Hyundai A-League tally to six goals.
- Western Sydney have only scored one second half goal this season, the lowest of any side. The next lowest is five.
- Adelaide had 12 shots in the first half. Only once since 2012/13 have they had more (15, against Wellington Phoenix in Round 17 of the 2016/17 season).
- The Reds won for just the second time in their last five Hyundai A-League home matches against Wanderers.
- Josep Gombau's men lost for the first time in seven away matches (excluding extra-time), having drawn the previous six (at the end of 90 minutes).
- Adelaide have conceded the second-fewest number of second half goals this season with three. Newcastle Jets have conceded two.