Adelaide v Mariners: key stats as Reds return to fourth
Adelaide United climbed back into the top four with a hard-earned 1-0 win over Central Coast Mariners on Boxing Day.
Here are the key facts and stats from a tight encounter at Coopers Stadium.
- This was the 23rd consecutive match between Adelaide and Central Coast without a draw, and was a third straight win in this fixture for the Reds.
- Adelaide kept the Mariners goalless in a league meeting for the first time since November 2014, when they won 2-0.
- The Mariners were kept goalless in a third consecutive Hyundai A-League game. The last and only time they went longer without a goal in the competition was a five-game drought from April to September 2006.
- Central Coast attempted five shots on target; the last time they had more without scoring a goal was in November 2014, when they tried seven without scoring against Perth Glory.
- Daniel De Silva made 83 passes on the night, 26 more than he had made in any single game prior. It was also the most of any player in the match.