Did you know Newcastle Jets are on the cusp of winning a fourth straight match for the first time in almost nine years in the Hyundai A-League?
But it won’t be an easy task against an Adelaide United outfit desperate for the three points to consolidate their spot in the top six.
For all the key stats and facts ahead of Friday’s clash at Coopers Stadium, check out our stats preview courtesy of Opta Data.
- Newcastle have won three of their last four Hyundai A-League games against Adelaide, including each of their last two. Each of their three wins in that time have come by an exact margin of 2-1.
- The Jets picked up a 2-1 win in their last Hyundai A-League game at Coopers Stadium, snapping a five-game winless streak across which they failed to score a single goal.
- The Reds have drawn their last two Hyundai A-League games at Coopers Stadium, never before have they drawn more in succession there.
- Marco Kurz’s side have been caught offside on 22 occasions this campaign, fewer than any other team in the Hyundai A-League.
- Newcastle Jets have had the most shots on target (134) of any team this Hyundai A-League campaign.
- Reds skipper Isaias has won 170 duels this Hyundai A-League season, more than any other player in the competition.
- Jets star Jason Hoffman is set to play his 100th Hyundai A-League game for the club and his 23rd overall against Adelaide United; he will have faced no team more often after this outing.