Adelaide United v Central Coast Mariners: match preview
Adelaide United's three-match winning stretch was brought to a crashing halt last week and the Reds aim to get their Finals Series bid back on track against the Central Coast Mariners.
Gertjan Verbeek's side came up short against Brisbane Roar, 2-1, after taking the lead through Ben Halloran, and finished the round in fifth position on the ladder after temporarily overtaking Wellington Phoenix on goal difference overnight.
Alen Stajcic's Mariners rallied against F3 Derby rivals Newcastle Jets to come back from two goals down, but fell behind again and could not recover in a 4-3 reverse, making it four straight losses for the Yellow and Navy.
Central Coast will take heart from the 2-1 win against the Reds in Gosford back in December, where goals from Kye Rowles and Milan Duric earned the Mariners their third win of the season. They have only one win from seven matches since.
Friday, 14 February 2020
Kick-off: 7pm local, 7.30pm AEDT
Venue: Coopers Stadium
Broadcast: FOX Sports 505
Stream: MyFootball Live App, Kayo Sports
Ways to watch
How to follow the action
Match centre: Live updates, videos and statistics
Follow @ALeague on Twitter and join the conversation using #CCMvADL #ALeague
Adelaide United squad: 5.Michaël MARIA, 6.Stefan MAUK, 8.Riley McGREE, 11.Kristian OPSETH, 14.George BLACKWOOD 17.Nikola MILEUSNIĆ, 18.Lachlan BROOK, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 22.Michael JAKOBSEN (c), 23.Jordan ELSEY, 26.Ben HALLORAN, 27.Louis D’ARRIGO, 31.Mirko BOLAND, 34.Yared ABETEW, 36.Noah SMITH, 40.Dakota OCHSENHAM (gk), 49.Mohamed TOURE **0-1 to be omitted**
Ins: 14.George BLACKWOOD (returns from injury), 34.Yared ABETEW (promoted), 36.Noah SMITH (promoted)
Outs: 4.Ryan STRAIN (hamstring), 7.Ryan KITTO (quad)
Unavailable: 2.Michael MARRONE (abdominal), 10.James TROISI (quad), 16.Nathan KONSTANDOPOULOS (knee),24.Pacifique NIYONGABIRE (adductor), 35.Al Hassan TOURE (foot)
Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ian Zygmunt GORDON, 3.Jack CLISBY, 4.Eunsun KIM, 7.Milan ÐURIĆ, 8.Michael MCGLINCHEY, 9.Jordan MURRAY, 11.Daniel DESILVA, 12.Adam PEARCE (gk), 15.Kye ROWLES, 16.Dylan FOX, 17.Sam SILVERA, 18.Gianni STENSNESS, 21.Ruon TONGYIK, 23.Mario SHABOW, 24.Chris HAROLD, 27.Lewis MILLER, 29.Jair BRITTO, 30 Dylan RUIZ-DIAZ **1-3 to be omitted**
Ins: 9.Jordan MURRAY (Promoted), 16.Dylan FOX (Return from Injury), 23.Mario SHABOW (Promoted), 26.Joshua NISBET (Promoted)
Outs: 14.Abraham MAJOK (injury), 19.Matt SIMON (Injury)
Unavailable: 10.Tommy Oar (Injury)
Did you know?
- The Central Coast Mariners picked up a 2-1 win in their last Hyundai A-League encounter with Adelaide United (22 December 2019), snapping an eight-game winless run against them (D1, L7); they’ve not kept a HyundaiA-League clean sheet against the Reds since 19 April 2014.
- Adelaide United have won seven of their last nine Hyundai A-League games against the Central Coast Mariners at Coopers Stadium (D1, L1), including a win and a draw in their last two meetings there despite the Reds trailing at half-time on each occasion.
- The Central Coast Mariners have lost their last six Hyundai A-League games on the bounce away from home, conceding 15 goals in that period.
- Adelaide United have scored 15 left-footed goals so far this Hyundai A-League campaign, four more than any other team in the competition.
- The Central Coast Mariners have conceded four own goals this Hyundai A-League season, twice as many as any other team; only once in the last eight Hyundai A-League seasons has any team conceded more in a single campaign (Melbourne Victory – 5 in 2017/18).